Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Generals

The following link is to an article titled "A failure in generalship". The article is superb. Moreover, it articulates a general view held by myself and many of my peers in a serious, scholarly, well-thought way, with sound recommendations for improvement; whereas we typically resort first to satire, then frustration and resignation. Then back to satire. I'm sure this article is much more productive than our lunchtime caricatures.

http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/2007/05/2635198

I also believe strongly that the current overall commander in Iraq, General Petraeus, is an exception to the officers described in the article. Tragically, he may have taken charge too late, but I have hope for this war with him at the helm. Also tragically, they moved up his predecessor to Chief of Staff of the Army.

No comments: